BMW, that most performance-oriented of car companies, had no affordable sports roadster in its line-up before 1995. Stung into action by Mazda's revival of the classic two-seater roadster, the Germany company quickly staked its claim with the Z3, a classic long-nose, short-tail design that used existing BMW mechanical hardware to good effect. This new book tells the story of BMW's Z3 and Z4 two-seater roadsters and coupes, which since 1995 have been at the forefront of the affordable sports car market.
- Historical background to BMW's arrival in the two-seater sports car market
- Complete history the Z3 and both generations of Z4
- Full specifications of all models
- The formidable M Power derivatives
- Guide to buying and owning
- Profusely illustrated with over 200 photographs and diagrams
James Taylor: 2017